Co-Produced by the LA Phil Harmonic & The Industry
Conducted by Christopher Rountree
Set Design by Calder Greenwood
Narrated by Sigourney Weaver
WAR OF THE WORLDS is a new opera that eliminates the boundary between concert hall and the streets of Los Angeles. Three defunct air raid sirens located in downtown Los Angeles are re-purposed into public speakers to broadcast the live performance, based on the infamous 1938 radio drama created by Orson Welles. Musicians from the Los Angeles Philharmonic will play on the stage of Walt Disney Concert Hall and broadcasted through the sirens onto the streets of Los Angeles — while performers stationed at the sirens will send their live report of the alien invasion back to the concert hall. NowArt LA is overseeing community outreach, production design, and public art for War of The Worlds.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about sponsorship opportunities and how you can participate!
- Dates: November 12, Sunday @ 2pm and November 18, Saturday @ 12pm & 2pm
- Directed by: Yuval Sharon
- Music: Annie Gosfield
- Narrator: Sigourney Weaver
- Website: waroftheworlds.la
Now Art LA Production Crew
- Social Media Director: Ally Taylor
- Front of House Lead: Heidi Chang
- Set Design: Calder Greenwood
- Performer Lead: Lara Helena Terstenjak
- Marketing Design: Alejandra Fernandez
Yeager Consulting Group’s principle, Amy Yeager for supporting this project and enlisting more sponsors who support art!
Michael Shull, AP Diaz, Tracy James, and Ryan Carpio from LA Recreation and Parks for facilitating this project in every way!